Question about the Premium Package

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
BrianM

Question about the Premium Package

Post by BrianM »

I'm wondering what exactly is known about the premium package for MGS3. I've seen the site, but I can't read Japanese and there are many different descriptions on the web.

To the best of my knowledge it contains...
- A model of the Shagohod (to be put together I think)
- Some kind of book? (as well as a booklet and a large golden thing that looks like a book and is about the size of their art books)
- Japanese copy of the game
- Music CD
- ??

I've already got a preorder, I'm just checking to see if any of you know what exactly it is I ordered...

Thank you
akira-devilmna-fudo

Post by akira-devilmna-fudo »

i have the same cuestion...............
i preorder the box too..........but it includes the first bite,the snake kubrik and the real action hero too??
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

Here is the complete contents my fellow junkers

It shall be released exactly in mid October at 12,800 yen (a little over 110$)

It is said to include

---The first bite
---The Game
---The Gold Retrospect and art book covering metal gear's past
---And the exact paper model released in press packs at E3 03 (not certian but it could also be a small level 1 put together model)
---Finally, it is said to have something extra special for the fans, and that is the mystery it's envious marketing.
BrianM

Post by BrianM »

I don't think the model is made of paper. If you look at the topics at the japanese metal gear solid 3 site and look through the products...
Check
http://www.konamistyle.com/item/gw/mgs/ ... _model.jpg
That image is from this page...
http://www.konamistyle.com/item/gw/mgs/ ... tml#gentei
The preceding page marked in english with "Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater Premium Package" has a miniature picture that leads to the first link

Obviously I could be mistaken, but by the pictures at the Japanese MGS3 site, I am pretty sure the model of the Shagohod is the "1/144" scale model mentioned in other places. This is, however, merely my interpretation of the pictures I've seen on the Konami sites.
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

The contents according to KonamiJPN.

1) The game itself (NSTC/J region naturally).
2) 2 deluxe booklets
3) A special retrospective DVD
4) 1/144 scale model of the Shagohod (pre-painted)

A few clarifications:

The First Bite CD is only a bonus if you reserve the game (regardless of whether it's the Premium Package or the standard edition). It's not part of the Premium Pacakge. There are no music CDs or anything similar included in the package.

There are two deluxe booklets, but the official site doesn't specify what they are. I only imagine the first one to be an art booklet like the ones included in the previous packages. As for the other booklet, who knows.

The Shagohod model IS NOT A PAPER MODEL. It seems to be more of a resin kit or even a PVC model, but definitely not paper.
BrianM

Post by BrianM »

thank you
akira-devilmna-fudo

Post by akira-devilmna-fudo »

yhea,thank you too
but then how we can buy the real action figure and the kubrik??
they sell it on play-asia??