Remake

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
lcizzle

Remake

Post by lcizzle »

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a remake of the original
Metal Gear?

It would be powered by a graphics engine capable of MGS 2 / 3 quality graphics and effects.

Lets just say im a big fan :) but im also a game developer and programmer with plenty of experience so I have the ability to do it.

Just wondering if anyone would want to play such a thing?
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

we only all wish man, maybe the silicon knoghts might find inspiration and head it up but thats kinds bleak :x .
lcizzle

Post by lcizzle »

Well I wasnt talking about someone else doing it.
I would do it, for free of course.
Maybe demo it to Konami and hope they pick it up?
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

ah a home brew, thats something me ninja have been having hit and miss with ahahahaaha. I plan on doing a remake myself maybe with dark basic and C++. I know it damn well to pull it off but I have little time with other projects and work :?
lcizzle

Post by lcizzle »

Darkbasic bleh

My engine is somewhat portable across different platforms
pc, ps2, xbox ect. So if it actually got picked up it wouldnt
be to much work to get it working on a ps2 or xbox with
full effects like pixel shaders, vertex shaders ect
(of course those dont work on ps2, but we have other things
for the ps2)
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

lcizzle wrote:Darkbasic bleh

My engine is somewhat portable across different platforms
pc, ps2, xbox ect. So if it actually got picked up it wouldnt
be to much work to get it working on a ps2 or xbox with
full effects like pixel shaders, vertex shaders ect
(of course those dont work on ps2, but we have other things
for the ps2)
bah pixel shaders :lol: Anys that's interesting but when I was talkin about my remake I wasn't really sayin I use simplistic softeware or stuff it doesn't even need like all games. I got about 3 years under my belt in computer science, but I am irrational, I like using dated software to full more rabbits out of a hat for an engine than modern crap, its just ethical with me. I yet alone spend 700$ on power a real game wouldn't need, but some poser sell out to special effects. My engine is very mobile too, I just gotta make something of it :wink:
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

I'm no coder, but I'd certainly be interested in playing through something like that. Sounds cool :)
LazyDave

Post by LazyDave »

If you need a 3d modeler let me know, I might be able to help. I've been kinda lazy recently because I just finished school (BFA in 3D). I need a project to get me focused again.

I have this weird feeling that Konami will announce a big Metal Gear game for 2007.

I can see Konami and Kojima doing a "rebirth" of the Metal Gear series. Who knows what they'll do. Maybe a retelling of Solid Snakes first mission, Operation Intrude N313.

Who knows but you'd have to be an idiot not to figure out that Konami is planning something for the Metal Gear 20th anniversary. Didn't Konami have a plan to release an original Metal Geat every three years with filler Metal Gear games in between.

Ex. 2001-MGS2, 2002/3-MGS2:S, 2004-MGS TS, 2004-MGS3.
I know the dates might be off but TS was originaly planed for holiday 2003.
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

afterall MGS3 is the final metal gear game complete,( and I will tell you why if pm me cause I don't wanna spoil the ending). Yes though some other people might do a retelling by kojima is done with metal gear and wants to start new goals. So since kojima is done let marketing take over and make Metal Gear Solid Turbo: Code Veronica X
LazyDave

Post by LazyDave »

I do believe MGS3 is the last Metal Gear Solid game. But I'm also sure there will be something for the 20th anniversary.

I'm sure Kojima can entrust the series to Tomokazu Fukushima and Shuyo Murata. I think they'd be capable of making a great MG game even with Kojima having a minimal producer role.

I can't wait to see what Kojima works on next. I hope it's as fun as the Metal Gear Solid series was.
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

Indeed. Almost everything the guy makes becomes a solid cult game. I assume the 20th an. will have tons of rare goodies never before seen. Like complete picks of the lego models used for the building structures in MGS lol and rare MG1 artwork ect. and concepts. It'll be packed
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Although he may have little roles in the future MG games (If any are even made) I still hope he will make more games for us to enjoy 8)

As with programming games, I can do almost all of the work, except im crap when it comes to drawing :P
lcizzle

Post by lcizzle »

Really though, im not sure if I wanna do a remake of MG 1 or make a spin off.

Something like "Metal Gear Solid: Life after Snake".

MGS is the main reason I learned how to program and make games,
I couldnt imagine making any other game.
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

GO FOR IT BUD!!!!
Last edited by Snake Plissken on Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.