Snatcher PC-Engine graphics request

A forum for discusion, suggestions and information on any Snatcher-related material. Music, games, versions, differences and references.

Also the space for feedback regarding the Snatcher Music Arrangements section by MrRudi.
Crowley
Runner

Snatcher PC-Engine graphics request

Post by Crowley »

I'm planning something and it would probably be helpful if I could get a couple of full-sized screen captures from the PC-Engine version. Specifically the detectives' room one with the drawer & locker closed and one with both open. There shouldn't be anything obstructing the room graphics. And without any kind of graphics filter, please.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

That would get you very low res pictures, I guess. When you write " full-sized sceen" do you mean the emu running in full screen? If so, you want those at the original resolution, since you ask for no filters... that would be the same as the default windowed size if I recall correctly.

I'll check tonight if I have some from that specific part, I played and took a bunch of screen captures last week....
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

Yeah, I'm looking for original resolution pictures. Though from my experience with emulators if you take a screencap with fullscreen and no filters it automatically scales the resulting graphics file down.
Mr. Seed
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Most

Post by Mr. Seed »

It you take a screen grab, then It shall snap the picture at 72dpi, meaning the size that it is when you snap it, is the size that it shall appear on the screen and in the file. If you were to print it, it would be very small - or if it were enlarged, very blurry or pixelated.

If you want the image for web based work, then as I say, a screen grab will get you it at emulalor window size, which at a guess is about 600x550 pixels in size at 72dpi (monitor resolution) As you can guess, making that 'full size' ie - full monitor display height and width (depending on resolution) it would need to stretch to meet 1024x768 pixels - thus making the image quality worse.

Hope that helps.
"Hey, I only do liquid sky...dude!"
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Man you got me happy playting the thing again. But for the first time I know *some* Japanese while playing it (besides of just Katakana for my first runs of it).

Man did I enjoyed it. Knowing the dialogue sin english does help a bit to understand a bit more than I would other wise. I even found a thing that did make me laugh.

Here are the screens plus the one that made me laugh, and a bonus face that was changed in the Sega CD version
Attachments
Closed
Closed
One Open
One Open
Both Open
Both Open
After having a Perfect score shooting with Mika's gun, she asked if I had bought the "Pilot Disk". I am a happy man ^^
After having a Perfect score shooting with Mika's gun, she asked if I had bought the "Pilot Disk". I am a happy man ^^
CD_F97E1089-045.png (11.1 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
CD_F97E1089-090.png
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

Thank you! I'll have to agree Gillian's face there is priceless. And Mr. Seed, you seem to be quite a way off from what I'm planning.
Snatcher2047
Runner
Favorite Game: SNATCHER
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Snatcher : Pilot Disk
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Wii Friend Code: 0087516012043877
Xbox Live: Snatcher2047

Post by Snatcher2047 »

Oh why did they ever change that Gillian face? That pic is classic.
The Kremlin : A Snatcher Fan Site, est. 2000
JustinAaron.com
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

I fiddled with the picture of the office, trying to size it up to around 320x240, and here's the result, zoomed times two for better viewing.
Not bad, if I say so myself. I might try doubling the resolution to see if it's worth the trouble.
Mr. Seed
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Most

Post by Mr. Seed »

Oh well...I was merely trying to understand what you were aiming to achieve. Sorry I could not be of more assistance. :)
"Hey, I only do liquid sky...dude!"
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

screen shots

Post by el_ash »

Hey I was wondering wich rom or emu you have?
I had an ISO of the PCE version and couldn't get it to work...either way it doesn't really matter i don't have it anymore.

I was wondering if there are more shots in the PCE game like that "Anime" gillian, or maybe anything that's different from the sgea cd version?

I'd REALLY like to get all the NEW artwork they added to the Sega Saturn version of the game in screenshot format......I have the actual disc, but there's no emulation for saturn....and i don't have a japanese saturn system.....damn!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Re: screen shots

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

el_ash wrote:I'd REALLY like to get all the NEW artwork they added to the Sega Saturn version of the game in screenshot format......I have the actual disc, but there's no emulation for saturn....and i don't have a japanese saturn system.....damn!
Have you tried Cassini? :grin:
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

saturn emu?

Post by el_ash »

cassini? never herd of it?

tried SSF, Giri giri (whatever it's called) etc.

had magic engine or something like that for PCE emu....i think maybe the rom was bad, but if you found a working saturn emulator that plays japanese disks such as snatcher.....let me know.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Well, Cassini is basically a user freindly hack of GiriGiri, PM me about that.

Also, you know that you can rip the game into an ISO, use a program to patch the ISO to NTSC-US, and use the swap-method?