Patch is up (v1.01 incoming)

Talk about Kojima's hard sci-fi masterpiece.
urbangangsta101
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Policenauts (3DO, Saturn & PSX)
Snatcher (Sega CD, PC-Engine CD, Saturn & PSX)
Metal Gear Solid (PC & PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PC & PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

Re: Current Status (4/26/09): 1 Bug Till Beta

Post by urbangangsta101 »

w00t! Finally recieved my copy of Policenauts (PS1) in the post! Only took 20 days to get here! :cry: Looking forward to this patch even more so!
midori_fox
Runner
Favorite Game: Damn these kind of questions....
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear, 2
Metal Gear Solid, 2, 3, 4
MGPO
Metal Gear Ac!d, 2
Z.O.E, 2
Snatcher (rom)
Policenauts

Post by midori_fox »

Hey what other translated games are worth checking out? I remember
reading a few on hear like mother 3 and clock tower or magic tower...
btw is mother 1 translated?
NANTO KAWAI!
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

midori_fox wrote:btw is mother 1 translated?
Yep, officially, even. Search for Earthbound, for the NES. It's a prototype. Maybe it's easier to find as Earthbound Zero.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

seraphssavior wrote:Wait, we can do that? Because I'm not seeing a button...
Just click "profile" and there you'll have "add foe" and the account will be added to your ignore list.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
abhi

Post by abhi »

I am gonna have to play Snatcher on the Mega CD, just to get me through this, lol
HellHammer
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
MGS
MGS2
MGS3
PSN: EvanOgre

Post by HellHammer »

I'm sure there's a better place to do this but,

Hey! I'm Evan and I'm new to posting here, though I've been snooping for about a year now. Since Snatcher is one of my favorite games, I'm really excited for the beta patch release and I just wanted you guys to know that I appreciate all the work you do, especially the stuff I can't comprehend. I'm also looking forward to talking with many of you about Kojima's past work and possible future projects as well. Anyway, I hope to, at least, help decrease the silence in this thread. Thanks!
Since 2042
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

The Spoony Hou wrote:
Yep, officially, even. Search for Earthbound, for the NES. It's a prototype. Maybe it's easier to find as Earthbound Zero.
So did an actual company pick it up and translate it? (I know there's a demiforce translation hack, but that's not really official.)
HellHammer
MGS
MGS2
MGS3

Post by HellHammer »

JimboKudo wrote:
The Spoony Hou wrote:
So did an actual company pick it up and translate it? (I know there's a demiforce translation hack, but that's not really official.)
Nintendo officially translated the game themselves but never actually released it.

You can find reproduction carts of the original prototype online for about $30. I recommend it to RPG players that love to grind...it's a lot like the first Dragon Warrior.

EDIT: There are two versions to my understanding. Demiforce's translation is based more on the Japanese version, where as the Nintendo's English version has some trivial content removed or altered (a cross on a coffin removed, etc.), in typical Nintendo fashion.
Since 2042
Randam Hajile
Favorite Game: Super Metroid
Kojima games owned: -Policenauts
-Snatcher (Sega CD)
-Metal Gear Solid I
-Metal Gear Solid II - Substance
-Metal Gear Solid III - Subsistence
-Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
-Zone of Enders 2: The Second Runner

Post by Randam Hajile »

@Hellhammer: Welcome aboard, man!

@urbangangsta101: I get ya, man. I got mine just a few weeks ago. Not only it is an awesome game, but the overall artwork in the box/manual looks prety awesome too!
akor1108
Favorite Game: MGS series, Resident Evil series, Tony Hawk,
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, Metal Gear 1 through Metal Gear Solid 4, Snatcher, SD Snatcher, MSX Snatcher, Penguin Adventure, ZOE
PSN: MetalGearAlex

Post by akor1108 »

Oh noes... Artemio thinks I'm Marc. D@mmit.

And for other PS1 translations, you totally have to check out the Persona 1 translation patched game, it's great! I have no link to provide, sorry.

Welcome aboard the SS Policenauts new people! Hm... Please don't foe me.
krelian

Post by krelian »

This post was made by akor1108 who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
ah that made my day, thanks for the heads up Artemio
I swear I have nothing against the guy yet I don't understand what is he trying to achieve by posting those stupid poems
Crappy Jack

Post by Crappy Jack »

I've been following the project since before the Silent Year, but I decided to finally register once I heard that it would let me block Akor. Keep up the good work!
slowbeef
Policenaut Hacker

Post by slowbeef »

Crappy Jack wrote:I've been following the project since before the Silent Year, but I decided to finally register once I heard that it would let me block Akor. Keep up the good work!
I just laughed out loud while doing a PSP build. Thanks for that, Jack.
Crappy Jack

Post by Crappy Jack »

Consider that my paying you back for that awesome Let's Play of The Immortal, Slowbeef.
The Spoony Hou
Runner

Post by The Spoony Hou »

HellHammer wrote:EDIT: There are two versions to my understanding. Demiforce's translation is based more on the Japanese version, where as the Nintendo's English version has some trivial content removed or altered (a cross on a coffin removed, etc.), in typical Nintendo fashion.
No, Demiforce didn't translate the game, they only hacked the title screen. The only translation is the Nintendo prototype one.
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

Post by Jack »

Now going off-topic for a second...

some days ago I made a depressing discovery... I have installed custom firmware (5.00 M33-2) on my PSP to play the Policenauts translation, and now my PSP 2000 doesn't read my Portable Ops UMD (europe version) anymore. :(

edit: problem solved! I updated to M33-6 and POPS works again! :D

Anyone here has experienced the same issue? Also, which custom firmware are you using to test Policenauts?
Piratero

Post by Piratero »

Ahh! I no longer see akor1108's posts! :lol:

Thanks!
urbangangsta101
Kojima games owned: Policenauts (3DO, Saturn & PSX)
Snatcher (Sega CD, PC-Engine CD, Saturn & PSX)
Metal Gear Solid (PC & PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PC & PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

Post by urbangangsta101 »

Randam Hajile wrote:@urbangangsta101: I get ya, man. I got mine just a few weeks ago. Not only it is an awesome game, but the overall artwork in the box/manual looks prety awesome too!
Yeah it's pretty smart, i got the sticker set included in good condition so im quite happy with that. Seems like im getting a bit of a collection now, i bought the Saturn version a little while ago with the artbook!

Could i be right in thinking this game is selling better nowerdays than it did when it was released!?
Ghaleon
Runner

Post by Ghaleon »

Mother 1 is awesome, but it's reeeeeeeeeeeally hard without save states. It's probably the hardest, most random RPG (in terms of difficulty) I've ever played. But if you're a fan of EB you really need to play it! The music is so good too, I might have to listen to it right after this CD is done ;)

Agreed that the Policenauts stickers rule. I put a bunch of my different game systems and stuff, haha. The little circle ones are perfect for the Dreamcast power/open buttons actually. I wish I had the Snatcher PC-Engine ones -- I got a copy on eBay but should have waited on an auction with all the goods
BIG BOSS
JonnyTanna
Favorite Game: Killer7
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Series (Even down to Metal Gear Mobile)
Snatcher (all versions)
Bokatai
Zone Of The Enders
Policenauts

Post by JonnyTanna »

Jack wrote:Now going off-topic for a second...

some days ago I made a depressing discovery... I have installed custom firmware (5.00 M33-2) on my PSP to play the Policenauts translation, and now my PSP 2000 doesn't read my Portable Ops UMD (europe version) anymore. :(

edit: problem solved! I updated to M33-6 and POPS works again! :D

Anyone here has experienced the same issue? Also, which custom firmware are you using to test Policenauts?
Does the Sega Cd emulator work on your psp-2000? it doesn't work on mine..
God bless the original PSP.. I recommend that for anyone who wishes to buy a psp and emulate. It's cheaper and it's compatible with all of the emulators.
Ichiban Rei
Favorite Game: Ys Book I&II
Kojima games owned: Snatcher SCD
Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, Portable Ops
Z.O.E.

Post by Ichiban Rei »

Hi Guys! Man I can't wait to play Policenauts. I finally decided to register no the board, but I've been following the progress for YEARS!
I have Sega CD emulation working on my PSP 2000. Be sure to use PicoDrive v1.51b and the correct SCD firmware.
driller

Re:

Post by driller »

JonnyTanna wrote: Does the Sega Cd emulator work on your psp-2000? it doesn't work on mine..
Be sure not to use the kxploited version of PicoDrive on the Slim PSP -- or for that matter, any homebrew developed for the firmware 1.50. A working build of PicoDrive for the Slim could be found here for example.

If memory serves me right, the original settings on the emulator break the sound in Snatcher so you might wanna tinker with the vsync/display options/etc. for a bit. It's smooth sailing from there on though. :)
Randam Hajile
Favorite Game: Super Metroid
Kojima games owned: -Policenauts
-Snatcher (Sega CD)
-Metal Gear Solid I
-Metal Gear Solid II - Substance
-Metal Gear Solid III - Subsistence
-Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
-Zone of Enders 2: The Second Runner

Post by Randam Hajile »

urbangangsta101 wrote:
Could i be right in thinking this game is selling better nowerdays than it did when it was released!?
That's what i think as well. Kojima really became known outside japan after the release of Metal Gear Solid 1. Most of the people who liked this game didn't enjoy just the parts where you actually play, but also the way the story was told. It was a cinematic experience. I believe that it had such impact that people wanted to experience more games made by him. I remember the first time i played Snatcher, a few years after having played MGS 3. Boy, was i blown away. The next step now not only is playing policenauts but also -and more importantly-, being able to experience it's story to it's fullest (thanks to the crew here).=)

About the stickers, i didn't have that luck. I bought a pre-owned copy that came with just the game and the manual. I can't complain tough, it came in a pretty good condition!

Oh yeah, now that you mentioned about a collection i remembered to ask: Does anyone here know where i could get some policenauts/snatcher posters?

Cheers!
HellHammer
MGS
MGS2
MGS3

Post by HellHammer »

Randam Hajile wrote:
Oh yeah, now that you mentioned about a collection i remembered to ask: Does anyone here know where i could get some policenauts/snatcher posters?

Cheers!
You can always just stare at the Policenauts poster in MGS2, haha.
Since 2042
HellHammer
MGS
MGS2
MGS3

Post by HellHammer »

The Spoony Hou wrote:
HellHammer wrote:EDIT: There are two versions to my understanding. Demiforce's translation is based more on the Japanese version, where as the Nintendo's English version has some trivial content removed or altered (a cross on a coffin removed, etc.), in typical Nintendo fashion.
No, Demiforce didn't translate the game, they only hacked the title screen. The only translation is the Nintendo prototype one.
Oh, I see. I could have sworn they made some changes, but I have played the Famicom version as well so I must be remembering incorrectly. Thanks for clearing that up!
Since 2042